I hadn’t heard of The Mystery Blogger Award until I was nominated by the lovely Corinna over on the RandomTangentBlog. You should check out her blog by clicking here! I would like to thank Corinna for the nomination, and I’m very excited to get started with this post!
Firstly, this award was created by Okoto Engima in which you can find her blog here! The rules of the award are as followed below;
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Okoto also gave a definition of the award, to explain it into a little more detail and the reasoning behind this amazing creation.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
And with that said and explained, I’m going to go ahead and begin my post by telling you three things about myself.
3 Facts About Me
1. I’m an 18 year old student – currently in my first year of University and studying International Business Management.
2. I am very much a dog obsessed person, and I’m completely proud to say so. I have four dogs at home in which are the most amazing bundles of fur ever. If you follow me on Instagram then I’m sure you’ve saw them being posted constantly!
3. I’m someone who does not have a lot of favourites of anything. For example, I don’t have a favourite movie, colour, song or food. I find it’s always changing, and I can never commit to favouriting one thing. Apart from maybe, like, animals. Then it’s definitely a dog.
The Questions I was Asked
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
On the 25th of March 2016, I created my blog and wrote my first ever blog post. You can find that here and laugh at how shy and confused I am about the whole blogging thing (confession, I still sometimes am haha!). I decided to start my blog mainly because I wanted something to fill my time. I didn’t have any hobbies, or did anything creative in my spare time. I followed other blogs and influencers on social media, and always thought they seemed really cool. So one day, I decided to just do it too. It’s really nice to see how much my blog has changed since then, and how much more I’ve learnt about the community and changed as a person over time. I remember I was embarrassed to be doing it for a while, and kept it a secret but I gradually started to care less and once leaving school I decided it didn’t matter so kind of committed a bit more!
2. What does your blog mean to you?
My blog is a space where I can write whatever the heck I want and when. It’s also a place I can look back on, and see how much I’ve grown and changed. It’s also something I can be proud of and continually try to improve and set targets for myself. It also means that I’ve been able to get to know the lovely blogging community out there. (By the way, if you start a blog, then blogging vocabulary such as ‘lovely’ latches on to you and you tend to use it in every third sentence haha!)
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Creating content I’m proud and excited about. Nothing beats the feeling of getting a really great picture, or writing a really good post that you’re so excited to upload. I also love being able to write and read about anything and everything. There is no right and wrong way of doing blogging – you do what you like.
4. The weird one: List three songs that would be the ‘soundtrack to your life’ and explain why you chose them.
This is a tough one, especially when I don’t have a favourite song so I can’t relate one to that haha! One of them would definitely have to be Keep Your Head Up by Ben Howard. I’ve also just realised I lied. I do have favourites – and Ben Howard is my all time favourite artist. I however don’t have a favourite song of his, as they’re all amazing, but this one is such a feel good song.
My second song would have to be Candy by Paolo Nutini. One reason because he’s Scottish and an amazing artist. Another being because my 9 year-old self played his album Sunny Side Up on repeat and learnt the lyrics to most of his songs using the booklet that came with the CD. Candy was the one that was definitely played the most, and it’s still on my playlist now.
And thirdly, 21 Pilots cover of I Can’t Help Falling in Love because it’s the most amazing song ever – and if me and my boyfriend were to ever have a thing such as “our song”, it would probably be this because we always tag each other in it if it pops up on Facebook. Also, that chewing gum advert with that song gives me all the feels.
My Favourite Posts
The questions I want you to answer
1. What has been your best achievement you’ve gained through blogging?
2. What’s your favourite time of year and why?
3. In ten years time, where would you like to see yourself?
4. When did you first start blogging?
5. Silly Question: If you were to be any fictional character, would would you like to be and why?